Attention: HHW/Electronics collection events starting Summer 2022.
Tire Recycling Event
The Venango County Community Recycling Center is hosting the 2022 Tire Collection Even on Saturday, June 4th from 9 am to 2 pm. There will be a limit of 20 tires accepted per resident or business. Cash only will be accepted depending on the size of the tire: $2 per standard car tire, $3 per light truck tire, and $8 for each oversized tire. Due to limited space, all attendees will be required to pre-register by May 27th. Please call 814-432-9689 to register for this event.
Recycling involves the separation and collection of materials for processing and remanufacturing into new products, and the use of products to complete the cycle. Much of the aluminum, glass, paper and steel used for packaging today is already recycled. Half the nation's aluminum cans are made from recycled aluminum and one-quarter of the raw fibers used in the paper industry are from recycled paper products. Glass and steel used in containers can be recycled over and over.
Reasons to Recycle
- Creates jobs
- Reduces pollution
- Saves landfill space
- Saves money
- Saves natural resources
The Venango County Municipal Solid Waste Management Plan was updated in 2014. The most notable features of the Plan include:
- Development of new projections for the generation of municipal waste for the next ten years.
- Designation of disposal facilities to be used for the disposal of generated waste.
- Recommendations outlining
- Initiatives to increase the availability of recycling for all residents of the County
- Improve public education/awareness of proper waste management practices
- Achieve uniformity in Municipal Waste Codes to improve enforcement capability
- Eventually establish a County Recycling and Special Collections Convenience Center if / when funding is available
- Update to the County Municipal Solid Waste and Recycling Transporters Ordinance (PDF).
Municipal Solid Waste & Recycling Plan
To view the full plan, please view the Municipal Solid Waste Management (PDF).